Bellingham’s Community Owned grocer!
Where to Find Us
Downtown Co-op • Map • 1220 N. Forest St. at Holly St • Store: 7 am to 10 pm
Cordata Co-op • Map • 315 Westerly at Cordata Pkwy • Store: 7 am to 9 pm
Contact us: 360-734-8158 • email@example.com • http://www.communityfood.coop
What began in 1970 in Fairhaven as a single 900-square-foot store with fewer than 10 items has grown to a two-store 12,000-member-strong natural grocer.
We encourage you to participate by shopping, joining, and supporting a sustainable, vibrant community.
At the Co-op you’ll find: a certified organic produce department with an emphasis on local; natural and sustainable meat and seafood; local and imported wine; an exciting from-scratch deli for any appetite; an espresso/smoothie bar; great housewares and fun stuff; the most bulk items in town; natural and organic grocery items; in-house baked goods (including Gluten-Free* and Vegan items); organic and hormone-free dairy products; natural supplements and wellness products; and best of all, more of your dollars stay local!
Why Join the Co-op?
– Community owned. Businesses need capital, co-ops get it from thousands of small investors who believe in what we do.
– Building a sustainable food economy. Nobody works with as many local suppliers or carries as many organic products.
– Keeping the money local. A dollar spent at a local independent business generates at least three times more direct local economic benefit than one spent at an absentee-owned chain.
– Supporting a livable community. We give back every year through donations and sponsorships to non-profits.
– Taking care of our owners. Weekly owner-only deals, special orders at a discount, owner appreciation coupons, and patronage dividends when times are good.